GL1800 Side Cover Vents
After I finished with the front fender, I decided to do the same to the bike' side covers. I can't see any reason for the vent holes other than for looks, so I decided to add reflectors.
For the side covers, I used the same thin reflectors that I bought at Wal-Mart for $1.99.
- I removed the side covers, laid them face down.
- I trimmed the reflector to match the size of the vent hole. The vent holes are angled shaped and curved.
- I placed the reflector on top of the vent opening.
- Then I used a heat gun to soften the reflector. Once the reflector heated up it shaped itself to the opening.
- I used black silicon weather striping glue to secure the reflectors.
Please be advised that the following reviews are subjective, and are written by me, and are based on my experience only. Keep in mind that we are all different and what works for me may not work for you.