Nolan N-42 N-COM Helmet
I have been using my HJC open face helmet for the past 4 years and I thought it was time to get a new helmet. I have been very happy with my old HJC helmet, but I wanted to try a different manufacture. I searched the web and saw a cool looking Italian made helmet made by Nolan. I was attracted to the dual visor setup.
On the positive side, the features I like of the helmet are :
- A stylish (cool looking) shape; not just a round shell.
- The quality and clarity of the full and short dark shields first rate.
- The helmet liner is fully removable and washable.
- The Micro lock® chin strap is really nice and adjustable
On the negative side, the things that turned me off on the helmet are:
- I could not use my trusty Chatterbox headset with the helmet.
- I had to buy a J&M N-Com headset that cost me more than the helmet.
- The speakers of the J&M N-Com headset fit poorly in the helmet.
- The helmet does not have ear pockets. My poor ears rest against the liner. (not very comfortable).
- The mismatch of Chatterbox and J&M headsets degraded the intercom quality.
1 through 5, 5 being the highest score.
|Was I happy with my purchase?||2|
|Would I purchase another?||1|
|Would I recommend it?||1|
I should have done some researched the Nolan helmet before making the purchase. I guess it could have been worst. I almost an extra helmet for my wife.